TERMS OF SERVICE
Last updated November 06, 2022
All information provided on www.cjcascalheira.com is referred to as the “Service.”
1. USING THIS WEBSITE.
By using this website, you agree to use it solely:
- to seek information about Cory J. Cascalheira and his academic work;
- to contact Cory J. Cascalheira about his academic work; and
- to interact with information (e.g., sharing, commenting) posted to this website.
By using this website, you understand that none of the information you post in the comments or contact forums is considered private and confidential.
By using this website, you agree NOT to post private and confidential information to this website. Cory J. Cascalheira is not responsible for any information you post in the comments or contact forums.
By using this website, you understand that Cory J. Cascalheira may not respond to all comments and all inquires.
By using this website, you understand that none of the information posted to this website should be construed as medical information or advice. Always consult your primary care physician before making any health-related decisions.
By using this website, you understand that Cory J. Cascalheira can not and will not provide clinical interventions to you. Clinical referrals are not guaranteed and are not provided.
2. SUBMITTING CONTENT.
By submitting any text, links, images, sound recordings, audiovisual material, pictures, graphics, logos, trademarks, or any other material, content, data, or subject matter (collectively, “Content”) in any comment, you represent and warrant to Cory J. Cascalheira that:
- You are the sole and exclusive owner of all right, title, and interest in and to any Content, or that you are authorized or licensed to use, assign title to, or license or sub-license any Content;
- The Content and all other materials you supply hereunder, and all material to which the Content links, (i) complies with all provisions of these Content Terms and the User Agreements, (ii) does not infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, HIPAA, privacy, or other personal or proprietary rights, (iii) does not involve or promote tobacco, alcohol, or pornographic products or services (which Cory J. Cascalheira has complete discretion to define), and (iv) is not unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, disparaging, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, racially or ethnically offensive, demeaning towards gender or sexual minorities, or hateful;
- The use, reproduction, or transmission of the Content will not violate any laws;
- The Content is not false, inaccurate, or misleading in any way; and
- The Content and your products or services described or advertised by the Content, and your provision thereof, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations, including the laws, rules, and regulations of the jurisdiction in which you operate, and the laws, rules, and regulations of the United States.
3. GENERAL DISCLAIMER.
The Service is designed to provide users with scholarly information related to stress, stigma, artificial intelligence, evidence-based therapy, and LGBTQ+ health insofar as this scholarly information is pertinent to Cory J. Cascalheira’s academic work. The information available on the Service (“Information”) is provided free of charge as a user convenience and is to be used for informational purposes only. Some Information is provided by third parties, and may represent opinion or judgment or contain inadvertent technical oversights, factual inaccuracies, or typographical errors. Cory J. Cascalheira has no obligation to, and does not in the normal course, monitor or control any Information that is or becomes available through the Service, nor does Cory J. Cascalheira guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any Information. Cory J. Cascalheira is not responsible for any errors, inaccuracies, omissions or deficiencies in the Information. The Information is provided “as is,” with no guarantees of completeness, non-infringement, accuracy or timeliness, and without warranties of any kind, express or implied. You therefore assume sole responsibility for all risks associated with the use of the Information and rely on such Information at your own risk. By using the Service, you acknowledge that Cory J. Cascalheira is in no way responsible for any consequences whatsoever to anyone arising from your use or interpretation of any Information contained within or linked to from the Service. Before making decisions based on the Information, you should consultant with a professional therapist or other qualified professional, and visit any programs or treatment centers you are considering. Cory J. Cascalheira does not represent that any information on the website may be downloaded outside of the United States.
The appearance or content of any Information on this website does not constitute an endorsement, representation, or affirmation of any kind of any content by any funder of Cory J. Cascalheira’s academic work.
4. LEGAL LIABILITY.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LEGAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (A) ANY ANNOUNCEMENT OR CONTENT INCLUDED THEREWITH, (B) ANY MATERIAL TO WHICH USERS CAN ACCESS DIRECTLY THROUGH ANY LINK PROVIDED AS PART OF THE CONTENT, (C) YOUR PROVISION OF YOUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
Cory J. Cascalheira DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THE SERVICE NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SERVICE MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF THE INTERNET AND ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION, AND Cory J. Cascalheira WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIMITATIONS, DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES, OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS. IN NO EVENT SHALL Cory J. Cascalheira BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOST PROFITS, LOST SALES OR BUSINESS, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, LOST DATA, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE CONTENT TERMS OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF Cory J. Cascalheira HAS BEEN ADVISED, KNEW, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Your exclusive remedy for any damages under these Content Terms relating to any Announcement shall be to receive a prompt refund of the fees you have paid for such Announcement.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS Cory J. Cascalheira AND ITS AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MANAGERS, MEMBERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, CAUSES OF ACTION, JUDGMENTS, SUITS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, FEES, EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES), INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CLAIMS FOR LIBEL, SLANDER, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENTS, OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO (A) YOUR BREACH OF ANY OF THESE CONTENT TERMS, (B) YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT, THE CONTENT, OR THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED BY YOU, OR (C) YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY INTERNATIONAL, FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW, RULE, OR REGULATION.
7. IF YOU ARE IN CRISIS OR DANGER.
If you are ever in immediate crisis or danger, do not email or leave a comment; this website is not an outreach, psychotherapy, or clinical service. This website is solely offered as a way to promote Cory J. Cascalheira’s academic portfolio. If you are in immediate crisis or danger, call 9-1-1.